Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Always a Joy

It's been a rough day, ok, a rough WEEK at the little house in Autismville, as a 14 yr old girl, who has been flooded with hormones is hard enough to live with, let alone one with all the extra enhancements that come with my 'little angel'

She doesn't like bathing anymore. Out of the blue she just started fighting it. This morning it took me AND the sarge 20 minutes to get her into the tub. After we finally got the deed done she decided to add the exclamation point onto her disgust by throwing everything she could reach. (add vacuum, spot bot, , impromptu scrubbing and washing a load of towels to my list for the day)

She can't help it...it really hurts to be a girl sometimes, and she has no idea why this keeps happening. I'm calm, daddy's calm...we understand. The pets just run when they see her coming. School was out for us yesterday, Monday, for a "teacher's in service" which was a drill on how to handle an active shooter. (man oh man, the things those poor people have to learn on TOP of everything educational) but we decided to keep her home one more day.

She settled, enjoyed the rest of her bath, and was calm enough for me to take her to Walmart. I really didn't want to add that trip as my BP was now sky rocketing, (staying calm on the outside takes it's toll on the inside) but in order to clean up all the messes that she and my critters made, I had to go get laundry stuff, as well as more feed so that the critters could make more messes. 

Miss smarty pants was told on the way in, that because we had to buy dog and cat food, she could not ride in the cart. A good excuse to give her because in reality, I can no longer push her around in a cart. She doesn't look very big because all that weight is compacted into her little 'spongebob' body, but she is really getting to be too heavy for us old folks. 

I walk in, pull out a cart, look around and no Molly. No, she's in the vestibule where they keep the Hummer-Carts. Those monstrosities that allow her to ride in the back with plenty of room to put the dog food in the front. Yep, she has figured out a way for her to ride, and me to get the well-needed aerobic exercise of pushing a 200 pound cart that turns like a semi.

But...she's calm. She found a new purse that she's wearing and grinning with that (what the boys call) stretch-face smile, the one she keeps for when she's REALLY satisfied with the way things are going. 

I wheel around to the pretzel aisle and stop, because it's loaded with women and carts and chatter and I don't drive my semi well enough to maneuver around that kind of traffic.  One lady is on her cell phone asking her hubby what kind of chips he wants...a mother and daughter are having some giggles, a girl is working on inventory and so on...their carts are all parked on the right, they are all standing on the left. 

Molly has a few words that she can use appropriately, and we have taught her so as to make her life less frustrating. "sorry, move please" "Scuse me" and things of that nature. But not today...today miss grumpy is not in the mood for all this business between her and her pretzels...so in her loudest Missouri State Trooper voice, and with hand motions commanding from her blue Hummer seat, she stands and yells..."WATCH OUTTTTT!!!!"  which was articulated PERFECTLY and definitely silenced the crowd. 

I was mortified..."MOLLY! that is NOT what we say!"  

"Scuse me, sorry"

To the first cell phone gramma, who was probably now wishing she had been wearing Depends, I said "Yes, excuse me is the polite way" to which the gramma replied with a twinkle..."Yes, but not HALF as effective!"  Everyone else smiled (and moved out of the way) and had chatter for Molly, now that she had made such an entrance...even the associates working in there were laughing. (Trust me, sometimes we do think the same thing, especially when the bosses are demanding work to be completed in a hurry)

So, we made it out with our new purse and to the car without anymore hassle..I think she'll be ready to go back to school tomorrow. They could handle it efficiently, but one more day off wasn't going to hurt anything. 

Fun times at my place. Now? I'm off to take care of the tornado that's gone through my living room on this unscheduled long weekend. Hopefully it will be calm all day tomorrow. 





No comments: